Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Getting into Running

I plan to use my blog to track my progress with my training for my 10km run. So you can keep a check on me....if you so wish. I will of course continue to have the occasional rant/reflection on green-type issues.

Today I went running on the treadmill at my local gym. When you're training for a run, I have learnt it is best to pace yourself and build your stamina gradually.

So, this week I will run 3 times for 30 minutes - running for 3 minutes, walking for 1 minute, running for 3 minutes, walking for 1 minute etc.

Next week I will build this up! So watch this space to see what my training plan will be next week, and the week after, and the week after that.... I bet you can't wait for the next installment....it's gripping stuff, no?

No comments: