Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Back on the Road again...

Today I have finally recommenced my training in preparation for my run in Edinburgh on Sunday 6th May 07. I have had a break whilst I recuperate from my virus/illness. Everything pretty much seems to be back to normal fingers crossed.

I ran approx 3 miles today. I will also try to run tomorrow morning before I go off on a 'surprise' easter trip with partner. I don't really know what he has planned for us. I will just go along for the ride and see where we end up!

Series 2 of 'Extras' is being repeated on BBC1 on Sunday evenings, which gave friends and family a chance to see my 'starring role' in this comedy in the first episode a couple of weeks back. My appearance was pure fluke/chance...I went to see a pilot sitcom starring Caroline Quentin at BBC TV Centre and as we walked in there were cameras filming us. So I thought I would use all my acting training from a few years back and be as natural as possible hahahahahahha! :) I had no idea what the filming was for, didn't really mind or care either, and then promptly forgot about it.

The 'Extras' editors must have liked what they saw however, and decided to include my walk-on EXTRA role in the episode! So there I am, immortalised for 2 seconds in the genius creation of Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchant. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw myself, I won't deny. Bit of a cheek though, don't you think? The show is about people who work as extras, get paid poorly, struggle to be successful etc and the production team have the audacity to use common folk as extras, rather than PAY for extras to appear in the darned thing!

Methinks I am due a few royalties....

My dear friend James managed to find a link on YouTube so you can watch it below if you haven't already.

I appear at 05:58 if you want to fast forward.

No comments: