Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy New Year, with some Feelgood Oprah Factor

Happy New Year Readers!

I hope that 2010 will be a bright, positive year for you - full of growth, happiness, understanding, learning, and laughter (if these are the kind of things you choose).

Today I met up with close friends and they told me about a recent 'flashmob' event which took place in September 2009, and was broadcast on the Oprah Winfrey show.

If you're reading this from the USA you may already know about it....to open Oprah's 24th season, the Black Eyed Peas performed their hit single 'I gotta feeling' - and lots of people danced to it, in a very unique way!

The wikipedia definition of flashmob is: a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual action for a brief time, then quickly disperse.

Enjoy this flashmob, and I hope the good feeling it may produce in you is just the start of a wonderful, uplifting year. Saying this reminds me of a quote which I heard on a recent documentary interview with former Archbishop Desmond Tutu from South Africa. Asked if he was an Optimist, he replied 'No....I am a prisoner of hope'.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Hi Abby,
A very Happy New Year to you too !
Wishing you all the best in 2010.

That is a cool video !! Let's take the message & bring out the positve in our lives.
XX