Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I think, therefore I am?

I have been lucky enough to be tagged as a thinking blogger. In other words, someone out there (Barbara!) perceives my blog as being one of the many millions out there which makes her think, and encourages others to do the same. I feel honoured to have been selected for this worthy, harmless accolade, so thank you Barbara.

Now that I have been tagged, I am permitted to tag 5 other blogs with the Thinking Blogger Award. These are the rules of this simple, potentially effective award system:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

So here goes, my nominations are as follows:

1) Joyce Hopewell. Yes, she's my mum, so I am biased, but she does write a cracking good blog about astrological psychology, and certainly encourages you to think!
2) Maylis & Hugh. Yes, they are my Sister-in-Law and brother, so again I am completely biased, but Maylis does write some really interesting stuff (well, interesting to me anyway!) She also posts some of her excellent photos on here which allow us to reflect and marvel over the beauty of this world.
3) Integral Options Cafe. I found this a few months ago and I really like some of the articles etc which are written about buddhism, psychology etc. It's quite immense and sometimes very deep and overwhelming for my simple brain, but it don't half make one think!
4) Barbara. Yes, I am nominating my nominator right back! I love the vibe of Barbara's blog - warm and intimate, and you get a real taste for life en France....

I am quite new really, to this whole blogging game. Only in more recent months have I really started to get into it properly, and have started looking more seriously at other people's blogs. So I am nominating 4 for now. If I find another one which inspires the brain-cogs to tick, then I will surely post this in the future. Perhaps it will be a fellow-greenie-bod....

6 comments:

Maylis said...

Check my blog... i tagged you back! ;-)

Joyce Hopewell said...

Thank you Abs for nominating me - took me by surprise, had to THINK (!!) about how to respond...just take a look at my blog now & see what I did ;-))

Danielle said...

Came over from Barbara's place and you won the ol bookmark straight off. In my own efforts to live a more earth conscious life I too try to share information with my readers.

I will definitely be back for more of what you got.

Be well and enjoy the day

Barbara said...

Congrats to you again; I'am looking forward to reading you.
Thank you for the hearty review.
You are always welcome at "chez nous" ( our house) to visit & chat.

Best of luck to you on the run, also !
Go, Abby, go ! :)

GreenAbby said...

Thanks Danielle for looking at my blog!

GreenAbby x

seev said...

I like your post title: "I think, therefore I am?" Very evocative. Was Descartes right? Ohh, many say he's way out of date now. I think I'll start a post on my blog about Descartes and which comes first, the thought or the am?