- Lettuce is known to have a calming effect.
- It was taken by Ancient Egyptians as a sedative and cough medicine, and was eaten after meals to induce sleep.
- Wrapping a painful joint in lettuce leaves can ease inflammation. Lettuce applied to the affected part of the body is thought to help in the healing of wounds by protecting against infection and stimulating cell growth.
- Lettuce tea can promote milk production in new mothers. it can also counteract scurvy, and is used for gastric spasms, fevers and skin problems such as rashes, warts and acne.
- Lettuce aids digestion, and promotes liver health.
- Lettuce is one of the best vegetable sources of iron. It is also rich in vitamins K, E, C and the B vitamin biotin. This one is particularly good for eczema
To make an infusion of lettuce tea:
- pour a cup of boiling water onto 1-2 teaspoons of lettuce leaves
- let it steep for 10-15 minutes.
- drink 3 times a day.
So there's my green information for the day!